Thursday, December 5, 2013

Top Five Quote from my Book Chapter 7-9 ( unedited version) Waiting for a Man After God's Own Heart Coming Soon





1. I do not think that I disappoint God in the way that I serve Him.  And at the end of the day, what matters is what God thinks about me serving Him.  The best thing that I can say is that I know God, I know my relationship with Him, I know that He is proud of me, and that He knows I serve Him always.  Not just in church, but at work, and at home, and I won’t let anyone tell me otherwise. Do not allow other people to speak things to you if you know they are not true.  I do my best and spend as much time with God as I can. I encourage all people single or not, to do the same.  God knows our hearts, He knows are responsibilities, and He knows what we are physically able to do versus what we cannot do.

2. Through everything that I do and everything that I am, I asked God to make me what He wants me to be.  I transformed into His image of me.  So when people tell me that I do not know myself and this is why I am not married, I feel like this is an insult.  Even more, I feel like I have to know myself to not to feed into what these people are saying about me, because there was a time when I did.

3. The Bible speaks a lot about beauty.  Most says that beauty fades but the inside of a woman stays on.  Which is true, but I am going to be honest with you.  If you want a man, they are going to have to look at you and be attracted to you first.  That is the only way they will get to know your inside.  I would love to sit here and tell you that it is okay to step out of your home and not care about what you look like and that you will meet prince charming.  But it is not true.  Men are visual, and honestly as a woman I am too.  If you still do not believe me, why don’t we look at the book of Esther?  Do you know when Esther was gathered as one of the virgins to possibly one day be a queen, she had to go through preparation.  The preparation that she went through was for a whole year and it consisted of beauty treatments.  She had to go through beauty treatments before she was brought before the king.  I think because no king would want a sloppy woman that did not care about their appearance to be his queen.  We know from the Bible that Esther was beautiful and not sloppy, but none the less she needed to go through preparation to go before the king.

4. Okay so expectations are a big one for use women.  I used to be one of those women that did not have expectations.  My expectation first consisted of a person that was interested in me, then to one that was cute, but as you can see from some of the above stories this did not serve me well. Also I come to realize that I deserve better.  Now I am to the point that I do not even entertain those that I know are not right for me.  I think a large reason why I entertained those in the past for the simple fact I was bored, I wanted attention, or I thought that perhaps they would grow on me and I would not want to turn down somebody that was the one, so I just kind of gave everyone a chance.

5. As a side note, if you are in love I get it, but if neither you nor him have a job, money, or any way of making money.  Do not get married just yet.  Love is a part of marriage, but not all of it.  The other parts are finding a place to live, affording a place to live, paying bills, food, things that cost money! So if neither or you have any, you are setting up stress in your marriage.  This will cause a big strain on a marriage.  Just wait until you have things figured out first before making the commitment.

0 comments: