Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I Once Had A Dream (A note to my exes)

  No comments    
categories: 

I once had a dream that you loved me.
I dreamed that you had changed.
But when I opened my eyes you were gone, and I realized
That you were just the same.

I once had a dream that you were a man
I had a dream that you were true.
I once had a dream that someone broke my trust, and when I opened my eyes
I realized that it was you.

I know now that you won’t change.
I know not to trust you with my heart.
I know I am at the finish line,
And you are just at the start.

I know now that you cannot hurt me.
I know that I have to move on.
But when I think about everything that could have been,
I close my eyes and realize you are gone.

At first it hurt when I laid down.
To see that you were not there.
To know that when I have a dream,
It was really a nightmare.

Now that my heart has healed
From all the damage you have done
I hope one day you will get it together
And turn into that one.

A one that people can trust.
A one that is a good man.
A one that others can look up to,
Not just empty footprints in the sand.

Maybe one day you will learn.
Maybe at that time you will grow
Maybe at that time you will learn to love me,
And I will tell you no.

Too much damage was done.
Something that cannot be repaired.
I hope more than anything though.
That my dream does not turn into a nightmare.

0 comments: