Friday, July 11, 2014

Find Someone Who Loves You Like God Loves You.

  No comments    
categories: 
Although it is impossible to find someone who loves you exactly like God loves you (because God’s love is perfect).  You should seek and try to find someone who is close.  Since we are all made in God’s image you should seek to find someone who is close to God.  The reason being, is because a person who is closer to God is closer to understanding how God loves.  Once they are closer to understanding how God loves, then they are able to express that love to others in relationships.


So, what does that mean for single people?  I am sure everyone has had bad relationships.  In fact, you may have some more frogs to kiss before you get to your prince or princess.  However, the key here to  recognizing those frogs is to be able to look at them through God’s eyes instead of your own.

The Bible states

“The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7


I used to be guilty of this.  The type of men I chose, were men who were first physically attractive and then I would figure out the rest of their personality later.  This was and still is flawed thinking.  I could have saved myself much hardship, if I would have learned to look at a man with God’s eye instead of my eyes.  I would have quickly learned that they were all jerks, who wanted one thing.  None of them loved me like God loved me, because if they did then I would be married already.

The second question you may be wondering is how do you learn to see someone with God’s eyes?  Well I already told you, you have to spend time with God to see how He sees and think like He thinks, but I do not think it is going to be a one size fits all type of thing.

The reason being is because we all have a special relationship with God.  The way God talks to me is not going to be the same way He talks to you.  This is because He knows me and He knows you.  For me, I am very pig headed (see my relationships demons here), so when God speaks to me, He has to do it in a certain way to get His point across.

Therefore, when I meet Mr. Right, I know He must have some of these same attributes.  I am very opinionated, I am very strong willed, and I have the tendency to do what I want to do despite what other people think about it.  God knows this about me, therefore the one He has for me has to be able to handle this about me.  I will know how to recognize him because he will deal with me the way God deals with  me.

Marriage is not so you can just have sex all the time and not be lonely.  It signifies a bigger purpose. Whoever, you are married to, should always be pushing you to do and be better.  They must also have a personality that you coincides to your personality so that you can respond to each other.

In this past, I know this has been my failure in relationships.  I never had anyone that I felt pushed me to be the best I could be or who I felt I could share the things that were going on in my head.  Whenever I did, I was just met with a blank stare because they did not understand what I was talking about.

Some of the people that I have dated were not bad, they just simply were not it.  As I got closer to God I was able to recognize who the wrong ones were, because I knew God, I knew what God wanted for me, and I knew the ones that I dated could not love me the way that God did.

I know that was a mouthful, but I sincerely hope this makes sense.  When you walk down the aisle your vows are supposed to for better or for worse, or until death do you part.  In case you do not understand what that means, that means FOREVER.  I don’t know about you, but forever can be a long time with the wrong person.

So why not save yourself some heartache and get it right the first time.

Just in case you somehow think I do not understand.  I encourage you to read my dating horror stories and how I got through them.  Get my book on sale at Amazon now.  Read the first two chapters free, click here for more information.





0 comments: