Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Stop Picking Yourself Apart.

  No comments    
categories: ,
I have very guilty of this myself.  As I’m sure most women are.  How many times have you stood in front of the mirror and thought that your waist could be skinnier, you breast bigger, your hair longer, your nose smaller, or you should be taller.


I am amazed at how many celebrities have gotten plastic surgery on their already beautiful face.  I am not saying that I am against plastic surgery, I am just saying that sometimes we look at ourselves and cannot accept our own natural beauty and instead of being thankful for the way that God made us, we seek to fix things bout ourselves all in efforts to be perfect.

Let’s move away from appearance, how many of you wish your home was bigger, you were smarter or had more degrees?  How many times have you looked at other women and wish you were like them?

I stand only 5”2 and have an average built.  I always thought if only I was a little taller, a little skinnier, or a littler lighter then.....  It is unfortunate that darker skinned women are not always seen as a persona of beauty.

There was a time before I went natural that I would be obsessed with my hair.  It was much longer and I felt my long hair is what mad me beautiful.  It was my decision to cut my hair that I decided to accept to be beautiful in the skin I am in.

I am come to realize that I was made by God.  God does not make mistakes and the way He made you is for a reason.  I am all for improving yourself, but let it be for the right reasons.  Do not let it be because you want to be like someone else.

The fact of the matter is that there is a lot of beauty and uniqueness inside you.  When you both discover and accept that, I promise you your outlook on life will be completely different.

Does it matter that you do not look like a model on a magazine?  With the use of Photo shop half the models in the magazines do not look like that.

Does it matter that you do not have seven PhD’s and two master’s to prove that you are smart?

Does it matter that when most people look at you, you do not fit the “stereotypical” definition of beauty?

So what? You have the ability redefine what people think about you.  You have the ability to change the perception of yourself and with it you change other people’s perception of you.

“What a man thinks in his heart so is He.” Proverbs 23:7


Therefore, if you believe that you are beautiful, talented, smart, successful, or a masterpiece, and the one and only person made this way by God.  Then you are that, you will become that, and other people will believe it too.

The point is you are never going to match other people’s ideal of perfection if you keep matching then up to other people’s ideals.  The only person that has to be happy with you, is you and God.  As long as you appease these two people then you job is done.

Be you, be happy, be unique.  Accept yourself for who you are and see a beauty and grace in yourself, because there is some there.


Photobucket" />

0 comments: