Although being single can be good. Marriage can be just as great, especially to the right person. I hold the belief that people should get married. Provided that they are mentally ready to do so. However, society would have you thinking different. They tell you that singleness is the way to go. So here are five reason why you should get married.
1. Regular Sex. Yes, I starting with this one. Although as a single person you can have sex with as many people as you want. But you are also putting yourself at risk. With as many STD’s and everything else going around. It would behoove you to want to be with one person. A person that you love and is STD free. Having sex with everyone, is not the art of making love. Being with everyone you miss out on what true intimacy is. Being married, you have regular sex, with a person you love, that is clean. Being single means trying to go out and find sex, sometimes having dry spells, and putting yourself at risk for STD’s. There are some diseases that even condoms cannot protect you from.
2. Financial Stability. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that two incomes are better than one. And with two incomes you can have more. A bigger house, a nicer car, go on vacations more. Being married is not all about money. But it sure does help with the paying of all the bills and knowing that someone has your back financially if need be. Also it is said that men who are married make more money. This could be that they know they have responsibilities and a family to provide for at home. Therefore, it sometimes being married can make you want to reach your maximum financial and career potential.
3. Social Support. Being married means that you know and make a dedication to this person. We all have bad days and there are times that we just want to come home and tall about or just be held. Or sometime we just want to come home to a hot plate of food and not want to cook. Being single does not afford you that. Sleeping with a lot of people may afford you that, but you will not be getting deep quality connection that you could be getting when you are married. That is because you are spreading yourself between two many people and it cannot fully give yourself fully to one person. Even if you just have one person that you are with, they can always just get up and walk away if need be. A marriage says that they are committed to you, emotionally, socially, and every which way else. It says that that person just can’t get up and walk about when things get hard.
4. Build a Legacy. You do not need to be married to have a child. But there are so many benefits to the child by growing up in a two parent married household. They are able to have the same last name and not have split visitation. Not to mention growing up in two parent household means higher self esteem and the more likely hood that they would do the same and get into healthy relationships themselves. So you are really setting a good example for your children when you get married.
5. Because God said to. Do not get it wrong. Some people should not be married. But the Bible says that it is not good for man to be alone. Therefore creating woman. The Bible, it describes marriage as the way Christ loved the church. When you think about that, what a powerful type of love. And when don’t and blessed properly by God, I believe that it can bear good fruit. So get married, stop thinking the single life is so great. There is a whole side of marriage that is being missed by some. Causing them to forgo it. However, when done properly, it can be most beneficial. So look at the benefits and view marriage and different way.