Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sometimes It Is Those You Love That Disappoint You The Most

  No comments    
categories: 
Is there something or some dream that you want to achieve in this world?  Have you ever been so sure of your dream but everyone around you laughs and think that what you are trying to achieve is almost impossible.  Well if this is you, then I can relate.
Image result for you don't need other people to believe in your dreamsI personally believe that God puts dreams in your heart and in your head for a reason.  I also understand that not all dreams will be attained.  My guess for this is because often times people are not willing to work hard for their dreams and expect dreams to be handed to them.  And the other is because some dreams are misguided and the person does not try to harness their own gifts to go toward a feasible dream.  What I mean by this is that why be a singer if you cannot sing?  Why be a rapper if you cannot rap?

The type of dreams that I am referring to are the things that you know for a fact you are gifted at.  Things that you know for a fact you must do in this world and if you are not able to do it, then you would feel incomplete.  I am talking about those type of dreams.

Well guess what, I have those type of dreams too.  My dreams are really big and are impossible to achieve without the help of God.  As I began to share my dreams with family, friends, and with those who I think would be happy for me, a crazy thing happened.  They did not care.  They did not think I could achieve my dream or they thought I was delusional.

So often times I do not care about what people have to say about me.  But what I think hurts most is that when I tell my mother the dreams that God has set upon my heart, and I think she should care.  Not only could she care less but she does not think that I can achieve them.  Because they seem too big to achieve.  She rather have me go back into the box of conformity and stay in my lane as oppose to rock the boat and make waves.

Image result for you don't need other people to believe in your dreamsI am glad God made me the person that I am.  Even though it hurts to hear that the people who love me most are not my biggest supporters.  I still have the strength to keep going.  I cannot say that my mother has ever read one of my blogs, a page out of my book, or even really knows what I am good at.

We never really were close growing up and I used to pray that God would change this about her. As time went by and God never changed it, my prayer changed.  I prayed that I would accept her for the way she is and God change me instead.  To be clear I know my mother loves me, but the way she is, is just the way she is.  She does not mean any harm by it.  She just feels that she needs to give me a reality check when it comes to my dreams because she does not feel they are attainable.

I have learned that just because she does not feel they are attainable, does not mean that I have to feel the same way.  She can have her opinion, and I can choose my destiny despite her opinion.

For this reason, this is why God reveals your dreams to you, not everyone else.  And because your dreams are revealed to you, no matter how big, small, or impossible; God is saying to you that He is the one that is going to help you attain them.  And that perhaps you cannot lean on other people to do this for you only Him.

It takes faith in God for your dreams to come true when no one else has faith in you.  God brought me to three people in the Bible who were great.  They had great dreams but no one believed in what God was telling them.

First we have David.  When Samuel was sent to anoint David as king, David’s father did not even bring him in to the home with all his other son’s to be considered as king.  After Samuel went through all of Jesse’s (David’s father) sons and saw that God had anointed none of them to be king.  Samuel asked if Jesse had anymore sons. He replied, yes there was David the youngest in the field tending the sheep.  Once David was brought in, low and behold he was anointed to be king, in front of his brothers and father.  The same ones that did not believe in him (1 Samuel 16).

One may have thought that after being anointed his family would believe.  No, not the case.  David spoke of defeating Goliath and those close to him mocked him.

Image result for david anointed kingHis brother saying:

“What are you doing here! Why aren’t you minding your own business, tending that scrawny flock of sheep?” (1 Samuel 17:28)


And his friend Saul saying:


 “You can’t go and fight this Philistine. You’re too young and inexperienced and he’s been at this fighting business since before you were born.” (1 Samuel 17:33)


But David followed up and said

“I’ve been a shepherd, tending sheep for my father. Whenever a lion or bear came and took a lamb from the flock, I’d go after it, knock it down, and rescue the lamb. If it turned on me, I’d grab it by the throat, wring its neck, and kill it. Lion or bear, it made no difference I killed it. And I’ll do the same to this Philistine pig who is taunting the troops of God-Alive. God, who delivered me from the teeth of the lion and the claws of the bear, will deliver me from this Philistine.” (1 Samuel 17:34-37)

David knew what God had taught him and it did not matter what others had to say about what he could do, it only mattered what God said. It took many years and trails before David became king.  But he fulfilled the destiny that God gave to him. Now his name is known throughout the Bible and the others are known for being non supportive.

Image result for family bowing to josephSecond we have Joseph.  Now his father loved him more than all his other children.  One day Joesph reveled a dream to his father and his brothers.  The dreams said that his fathers and brother would come to bow to him and he would be above them all.  His brothers laughed, and even his father who loved him most laughed.  His brothers’ jealousy lead them to sell Joseph into slavery (Genesis 37).

But as well know, Joseph fulfilled his destiny anyway.  It took some time in jail and being a slave before he did it but he did.  And years later when there was no food in the land, all of Joseph’s brothers and his father were at his mercy just as God said.

Third is Jesus himself.  Many people did not believe in him and who he was.  Even the Jews who he came for did not believe in him, they had him killed.  When Jesus went to his home town of Nazareth, they mocked him.

Saying

"Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, 'I came down from heaven'?" John 6:42


Even his own family struggled with who Jesus was.

“And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, “He is out of his mind.” Mark 3:21


Despite his miracles, wisdom, and kind heart; the ones who were closest to him are the same ones who let him down.  But one thing that all of this people have in common is they fulfilled their God given purpose, despite not having support of those around them.  I am sure that it hurt them, but they did not let it stop them.  No matter what you dreams are, if you feel that you are suppose to live out your dreams; then do it.  Do not let anyone stop you and do not let anyone tell you no.  If God gave you the dream then He will pave the way in order for that dream to come true.

One last thing.  I would like to tell everyone about one of my dreams.  It is a new show that I am going to be apart of, but we need funding.  If you feel lead to support please click here to do so and here to learn more about the show.

0 comments: