Friday, November 1, 2013

A Gut Feeling or God's Voice? Is it Discernment?

  No comments    
categories: 
I was having a conversation with a fellow Christian last night and I was telling her how I have been sick that was associated with stress and difficult people I had been dealing with. She told me to consider that perhaps I was not sick but rather the Holy Spirit in me, sense the ill intentions, demonic spirits, hatred, envy, of others, and that me being sick is the Holy spirits reaction to that when I am around them....that and its way of letting me know not to trust the situation or perhaps even the person. I thought that this was a very interesting. When you think of the idea of discernment, when it is from God it is essentially telling you the intent of others.

When dealing with gifts, I think we never really know how some of these gifts may manifest.  Who is to say that when you are given discernment God may tell you out  right what is going on, but for me it may cause me to get sick.  For a long time now, years in fact, when dealing with difficult situations and difficult people my intestines are the first ones to get upset.  I always looked at it as some diseased or dysfunction, but when I really thought about it.  The only time that it gets upset it under certain situations when dealing with certain people (typically bad ones).  It is possible that sometimes even thinking about dealing with that person I could start to feel sick.  I guess the point that I am trying to make is that we always try to go and find some hectic complicated answer for something, when in fact the answer could be so simple.  It could just be God’s way of talking to us or trying to get our attention.  When I came to this realization, it kind of gave me relief that I am not going to die of some strange stomach virus.  It also gave me relief to know that the Holy Spirit is becoming larger and larger within in me, that it is not even going to allow me to stay in the presence of those that mean me know harm.  WOW!  When you really think about that, it is amazing.  It’s like God is grabbing my attention saying Sophia, "move on!!!" This place is not for you, this person is not for you, this relationship is not for you!

And when you really of this like that, there really is no reason why you should go through life hanging around bad people and making bad decisions.  I think that when God gives us the gift of discernment it can come in many ways.  It can be a voice, chill, stomach ache, or a feeling that only you could know.  I think God talks to us all the time throughout the day, and as we develop a closer ear to hear and understand His voice, signs, and emotions that He is giving us, then will we always know where to go and what it is that He wants us to do.  He is always taking and communicating, but are you listening?  I challenge you to examine yourself when you have made both good and back choices.  Try to find the ways in which God has tried to warn you about the bad.  This was you can find how God is trying to get you to discern things.  For me, it is a GUT!!! Feeling, LITERALLY.  And instead of fighting it, now I will trust it, and let it lead me to the right people and places and lead me away from the wrong once.

0 comments: