Thursday, November 7, 2013

Five Quotes From The First Three Chapters Of My Upcoming Book ( unedited version) Waiting on a Man After God's Own Heart

Five Quotes From The First Three Chapters Of My Upcoming Book 

By Sophia Reed MSHS

1. “As I have matured, I look back now, and I feel that I am getting closer. I know this because I reflect on what God has done in my life, why He has done it, and where He is leading me.  This is something that I never did before.  I think before, I just made demands on God, and thought that as long as I followed Him, He would…no that He should give me what I wanted. As a matter of fact, I still struggle with that sometimes. I think the only difference now is that deep down I know better, and I am able to quickly see and recognize God’s plan for my life, despite my own selfish desires.”

2. “I am not going to fill you with fluff and say every day I thanked the Lord; it was not like that at all.  It was hard and hard to trust God. But like the Hebrews God brought me out.  He told me that He made me to be a survivor, to always get things done and not to depend on the hand out on others.  It taught me to trust God and not my own understanding, even though I had some angry conversations with God during that time.  He was always there, even when I didn’t think He was.”


3. “Since I felt like all the signs were there despite him treating me like crap, I felt he just needed time to come around.  But boy was I wrong.   As I mentioned and will mention it again, signs should be followed by action.  If he was the one for me, then at some point he should have been aware of this also.  The enemy can lead people astray and I felt this is exactly what happened with this guy, because it had the devil’s work written all over it.”

4. “I only really felt sorry for him because I could not understand that A. as a man and B. as a Christian he could behave this way toward another person.  Granted we are not all perfect, but to seek to intentionally harm another individual in the way that he has over the entire year of me knowing him was mind blowing. And to think I sat by and allowed him to do it is even more mind blowing.  I should have been out of there. “


5. “I truly believe this from the bottom of my heart.  I am just a woman that is waiting, for a good man.  I am a woman that has chosen to no longer settle, compromise, or dumb herself down just so men would not feel inadequate around me. I have done all of these things in the past.  If God put gifts in me, like I am sure He puts gifts in you.  He is going to give you a match of someone that has equal value.  I have come to learn that not every man that bats an eye in your direction, deserves your time.  I think as women, we have to understand that.  As women you need to walk with you head high, speak like you have home training, look nice, and be confident.  Give off the impression to men that if they cannot come correct, then they need not come at all.”

Look For Waiting For A Man After God’s Own Heart. Coming 2014!!!!

0 comments: