Sunday, June 29, 2014

Loving The Skin Your In.

  No comments    
categories: ,
For the longest time I struggled with a poor body image.  From my teenage life until adult life I always wanted to be super model skinny.  When I was younger, I would exercise excessively  and eat nothing in attempts to be thin.  At one point in my life, I lost so much weight others would tell me how sick and unhealthy I looked.



It took me a long time to accept by body for what it was.  There were times where I would exercise excessively and right and still not loose weight.  There were times I would stress out so much about it, exercise even more and still gain weight.

It took a doctor’s visit for me to finally realize my body type and I was not going to ever be super skinny.  The doctor told me that I had a very high muscle mass, which was common for people from African descent.  And me gaining weight came from a the fact that I was stressed and it added to my cortisol level which increased my fat.

With this being said, I learned an important lesson. Whatever my body was going to be it was going to be.  As long as I was eating healthy or at least semi healthy, and exercise then I had nothing to worry about.

In this day and age we are so obsessed with being super skinny.  If skinny is what you are then fine, but do not kill yourself or develop and eating disorder to get this way.  The wonderful thing about your body is that it is yours, it is unique, and it was made a certain way. My body type although it will never be a size one or two is something I chose to be happy about.

Yes I chose it.  I chose not to compare myself to others and to be happy with both my looks and my body.  With this acceptance came confidence. Are there times when I feel like I gain weight and I still try to loose a few pounds? Sure, but I do not go on crazy diets or exercise excessively to try to make by body fit into a mold that it is never going to fit.



One thing about accepting your body image is accepting yourself.  Accepting the uniqueness (check out my post on how God made you unique) about your body makes you beautiful.  The most important thing you should be doing is not focusing on being a size zero but being healthy and making your body the healthiest body you can make it.

Loving the skin you are in, is the first step to moving forward in any goals in your life.  This include relationships, friendships, etc.  My book “ Waiting For A Man After God’s Own Heart” Encourages women to know and love the person they are before getting into a relationships.

Read the first two chapters free through Amazon, click on the book tab for more purchasing information.

0 comments: