Monday, February 2, 2015

Where Have All The Good Women Gone?

I think that we can all wonder what happened to men. Lord only knows what happened to men and I cannot even try to get into all of that within this post.  What I do want to get into to is what happened to us women.

The direction that women are going in is so sickening to me.  I know that you may think I am being a bit theatrical and perhaps I am.  But when I think of all the women who fought for the right to been seen beyond their sexuality, but as capable human beings, somehow the progress of women has reached a major regression.


I saw something interesting that I am sure happens all the time on instagram and social media.  Looking at the popular hashtags and seeing all these half naked women, draping themselves over what ever they can find all for the sake of having a good picture. In the comment sections of one of these pictures featuring a woman’s almost bare naked butt was being highlighted in the picture.  A female user stated something to this affect

“ Why do you feel that you have to post all of these half naked pictures of yourself.  Can’t you show your beauty in another way?”

I personally agree with this. But I know that I may be in the minority.  The picture was liked by thousands of people along with another caption that said

“ This is why she has almost 100k followers. Maybe if you posted pictures like this you would have as many followers too.”

This ideology is something that so many people seem to think.  They think this is good because it gets you followers, it makes you stand out.  And this is what women want right?  God forbid that women are actually known for having intellect and something to say.  Why have all of that when they can have sex tapes and them in G strings for the entire world to see?  After all this is what matters right?


In case you did not get it, this was filled with sarcasm.  But this is what our world is turning to and this is what our women are turning to.  We wonder why men do not know how to act, and it is because woman do not know how to act.  How can you expect to be treated like a queen when you are putting yourself out their like a concubine ?

I know it sounds harsh, but I wish women would really see how this looks.  We have replaced women that we have respected such as Rosa Parks, Jackie O, and Mya Angelou, for Kim Kardashian.  I do not mean to be judgmental but how hard is it to make a sex tape and capitalize off of it.  People are starting to get hype when celebrities name and talk about their camel toe on social media.  Is this reality?

Some people would hear me say this and accuse me of being jealous.  But I think that this just goes to their shallow thinking.  People who do not understand what I am saying are incapable of seeing the bigger picture.  That the generations that lives now directly effect the generations to come.  As you can see that generations in front of us are getting worse and worse.  They do not want to work hard.  They just want to make sex tapes and become famous.  They have a sense of entitlement and do not feel like they have to work for anything.  And why should they?  People get famous and attention for being on the Bad girls club and beating each other up.  Being on the Bad girls club is somehow a goal in life.


Lord please forgive me but I simply do not understand.  And I was having this same conversation with God last night, I felt sorry for our generation of women.  God told me that we have to begin to see things like He sees them in order to get a better understanding of what is going on around us.

We have become so accustomed to the world going to hell in a hand basket that all this crazy behavior is not that big of a deal.  In all and everything you do, it is best to picture how God would respond to you.  Do you think God would approve of the pictures you post, the things you say, the way your treat other people, how you act?  It is not acceptable to say that God’s knows your heart and to simply go about your dysfunctional day to do a whole lot of stupid stuff.

Well that is the thing, God does know your heart.  And for many of us I know He is wondering what in the world is wrong with you.  Why out of all the things that are going on in this world, women only have their sights on being selfish and promoting their butt shots.  When you die, is anyone going to remember your butt shot. I would rather get to heaven and see all the people that I helped, those I lead to Christ, those who I made a difference to.

People seem to forget that this Earth is not our home.  It is a fraction of a time where we are going to spend the rest of eternity.  Heaven or hell.  I am not saying that posting some butt shots are going to get you into hell.  But what I do know, is to ignore your calling and never seek to aspire to do or be what God called you to be is a mistake.  I know to put down your fellow sister out of being envious and being jealous is a mistake.  And when you die, (which could be tomorrow or in old age)  weather you believe in God or not you are going to have to answer to Him and explain all the foolishness and none sense that you created here on Earth.

As creatures of God, we have a light that we can allow to shine or allow it to dimmer away.  It does not matter if you are 1 person out of a thousand that is willing to let your light shine and stand for the principals of God, even if everyone else may think that you are a radical. I am convinced that God has called so many women to do so many things, but because they are stuck on conforming to what the world thinks a woman should be, they never reach their full potential.

In closing I want to close with my favorite quote

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”  Marianne Williamson 




I am so convinced that women fall into the ways of this world because they are afraid to stand out.  They are afraid to be leaders, to be vulnerable, and are afraid and stepping out of the box.  It is much easier to rely on the body that God gave them and share it with the world then it is to relay on the intellect and doing something extraordinary within their lifetime.

0 comments: