Monday, October 20, 2014

Look Like It For Less.

  No comments    
categories: 
I have this thing I like to do that consist of going onto Pin interest, finding outfits I like, and try to imitate them with what I have in my closet.  I think this is so fun because it keeps me open to trying new things and colors with my fashion.  Plus I do not like spending alot of money, so I always like creating a fashionable look that doesn’t cost much.

Trying new colors is what I had in mind when I imitated Kate Middleton.  First I would like to say that I admire her style.  It is so good to see a woman, wife, and mother that looks both stylish and classy.

I had all of the things in my closet that I created the look with.  I got the jeans from the thrift store and I know I did not pay any more than $7 for them.  The jacket and shirt I had for many years.  I kept trying to throw the black jacket away, but for some reason it keeps creeping back into my closet, and I don’t know how.

The scarf that Kate is wearing I love and wish I could find it.  Since I did not have one like hers, I chose a stripped scarf that I had in my closet.  I got if from the thrift store for a $1 I think.

My look is not too shabby for already having these things laying around in my closet.

The next outfit I wore to church.  The shirt that I have on is actually a very tight fitting dress.  Since I needed a black strip pattern I used the dress as a shirt and then put a black skirt over it.  I sometimes think I should have grown up in the  60’s.  I really like the whole style of that era.  For this outfit, my dress shirt was taken from my mother’s closer one time when I was visiting and the skirt was given to me.  So the total cost of this imitation for me is free.

I recommended looking around your closet, you never know what new looks you may be able to create.  Also, if you ever see an outfit that you love but cannot afford, always check your local thrift store.  The clothes are affordable and you can find some imitation pieces that come close to the more expensive outfit.

0 comments: