Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fall Fashions. Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery.

  No comments    
categories: 
I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of any other season except for summer.  I hate being cold, I hate wearing sleeves, jackets, coats, all of it.  Growing up I always lived in pretty warm places, and even though in Virginia it does not get that cold, it get cold enough that I have to wear several layers of clothes.

Since I am not a fall or winter type person, my wardrobe is not really stacked for cold weather.  Once again, I look to my favorite pal Pin interest for fall inspiration.  And Pin interest did not fail to disappoint.  

The first look that I found was something very easy, that I am sure anyone can pull off.  All you need is a pair of jeans, a white shirt, and brown blazer.  Lucky for me, I had all this stuff in my closet.  No shopping needed.  The jacket I actually had for a few years, and I could count on one hand how many times I wore it.  But when I put it together trying to imitate this look, I liked it.  I may try to put on this jacket more often.

The second look, it may not look like I did a good job imitating this.  But I did, the colors are just off in my picture.  I chose a button down sweater because that is what I had.  In fact I got the sweater for free at a clothing giveaway (click my blog here).  Since it was free I cannot complain.  Even though my sweater is not exact, beggars cannot be choosers the sweater was free.  My pants in the picture were black even though it does not look like it.  I would give myself an A for effort, not the best imitation  I have done. Just okay.

My third outfit, even I have to give myself an applause for this one.  I had all these items in my closet.  I bought the shirt and the scarf from the thrift store.  The matching animal print jewelry was just something I had in my closet that I got from a jewelry lot through Amazon (click here for my blog on that).  I love lots because you get so much jewelry for such an affordable price.  I felt like my outfit came extremely close to the original, don’t you?


My last outfit I also thought I did a great imitation as well.  I got this jacket from the thrift store a few days ago for only $5.  When I saw it, I just liked it, I did not even have the imitation in mind.  The shirt and pants are something that I already had in my closet so it was not big deal.  And the shoes, I got from a Goodwill trip (see here) I went to a few weeks ago.  I typically do not like the Goodwill because they are more expensive than the thrift, but I got these shoes for around $4.  So I felt like they were a steal.

Overall, I am happy about my attempt of fall fashion.  I like wearing colors so the outfits I chose were able to do just that.  Plus I think it is kinda fun to find things out of your closet to try to imitate things that other people pay a fortune for.

0 comments: