Thursday, October 9, 2014

To The Goodwill we Go.

  No comments    
categories: 
So I got off from work early and the first thing that came to mind was to go to the thrift store.  But my normal thrift store was on another side of town and I did not feel like traveling.  So with a quick Google mapquest search I found the Goodwill was right near me.

Normally I do not like the Goodwill.  I find it kind of expensive.  Even though it is cheap by normal people terms for Sophia’ el cheapo second hand standard, it is high.  With that being said, I chose to go anyway always down for exploration.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised.  It was still high.  I am used to getting things for $1 at my normal thrift store and it is priced by the quality of the item.  But at the Goodwill all shirts were the same price, pants the same price and dresses the same price. Regardless of label or quality.

Displaying IMG_20141009_094840.jpgDisplaying IMG_20141006_182824.jpg

I did find that their shoes were cheaper than my normal thrift store.I got some pink boots as well that I did not take a picture of and there were only $5.   Here is just a snap shot of what I got.

Displaying KIMG0120.JPGAs a random note.  I feel that when you go to a thrift or Goodwill, it is so easy to want to buy up everything because they are so cheap.  This will lead your closet with a bunch of clothes you do not like or wear.

So whenever buying if when you buy it you cannot see yourself wearing it in the next two weeks and what you will wear it with.  Then do not buy it.

This Liz Claiborne shirt does not look like much on the hanger.  It actually looks rather butch.  But as soon as I saw it, I loved it, and I knew how I was going to wear it and what I would wear it with.  I knew blue slacks and a pearl type necklace would make the outfit look sophisticated as well as feminine.  And as the case with all button up shirts, I feel you should tuck, leave the first two buttons undone,  and fold the sleeve  because it makes it look classier.


Displaying IMG_20141007_113546.jpg


Displaying IMG_20141006_183421.jpg
My overall verdicts is I will return again.  I will more than likely use this place for shoes and to go to a thrift store close to my house instead of traveling to the other side or town.  They had good label but not as many as I would like.  Overall I spent $32.

0 comments: