Thursday, July 10, 2014

Be not Conformed To This World, Learn To Think For Yourself.

  No comments    
categories: ,
One thing I have come to learn, is that you cannot care about what other people think or say about you.  The beautiful thing about people is we are all different and we are going to have difference of opinions, this is what makes us unique.

As I grow and get older, my opinions starts to change.  This is mainly because I am growing in my walk with God and I am also growing as a person.  As a mother, I cannot be and do the things that I use to do.  I am obligated to be a good example my son.  If my child grows up all jacked up, then part of the reason he is jacked up is because I made him that way.

The reason why I am touching on this topic is because many people, mainly women, do not like the things I have to say.  They do not like the fact that I discourage women from posing half naked on the internet, they do not like the fact that I tell women not to openly and freely have sex, they do not like the fact that I want people to actually do something with their lives, and lastly they do not like the fact that I actually encourage people to change for the better.

Out of everything I said, this really does seem mind boggling right?  To receive criticism for actually wanting to make people better.  What people do not understand, is that I have come a long way.  When I encourage people to stand out, be better, and have values; I am not coming from a place in which I am a little church girl that was saved and sanctified all of my life.

I come from quite the opposite.  I can guarantee you I used to party and drink with the best of them.  Honestly, to this day, I swear I have a steel liver.  But what I learned was that I needed to grow up.  I needed to look at this thing called life, realize I only have one, and actually do something with it.

There comes a time in your life, when you sit and mediate on the scripture

 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

This means, I do not care what you think about me.  I do not have to.  I have one maker and as far as I am concerned I have one person to please and that is God.  Not only is this me, but I want it to be you too.  I want people to say, “forget what the world is doing, I am going to do my own thing and I am going to be happy about it.”

When you really think about the decline of marriages, increase of divorces, and the separation of the family unit, it really comes down to the fact that we have no morales.  Our society is ruled by a self pleasing attitude, in which we must satisfy the flesh first and think about the consequences of it later.

Women want to complain as to why they are not married.  It could be because you have a bad reputation.  It could be because so many men have ran through you, that someone may mistaken you for a subway tunnel.  What man would want to wife up a women that everyone and their mama, sister, brother, cousin, uncle, has had?  What sense does that make?

Women wonder, why they cannot get a man to respect them and see them a certain way.  Could it be because you have your vagina, breast, and drunken binges plastered all over social media for the world to see? Why would they want to make you the mother of their children? Or bring you home to mom? You do even know how to act!



In all honestly, I cannot just blame women.  There are so many men out there who encourage this behavior and find it favorable.  I would love to be a fly on the wall behind the close doors of these relationships.  I can almost guarantee they are filled with distrust, arguing, and all other type of issues.

Once when I was at happy hour I ran into a married young man complaining about his wife.  He told me how she cheated many times, left him, and would do what she wanted to.  The kicker is he met her like that, why would she change just because you put a ring on her finger?

Both men and women, get it together and stop with the foolishness.  Stop trying to fill your lives with complete and utter nonsense and trying to convince the world it is okay.  Then when someone calls you out on your craziness, tries to push you to be better, and change the way you think, you mad!

I am tired of people trying to call me judgmental.  I didn’t know that pushing others to have values and morals was being judgmental, I thought it was simply called encouragement.



But hey, some say one thing some say another.  The only real proof is how you feel everyday or even how you feel 40 years from now.  As many know I am in the counseling profession, I see so many people wake up way too late.  You can take my advice and ride with it or reject it.  Do not shoot the messenger.

If you do not believe me and my past wild ways.  Then you should read about them get my book at Amazon now.  Click here for more details.


Other Christian Blogs To Check Out

0 comments: