Saturday, July 19, 2014

Being The Single Christian Woman.

  No comments    
categories: 
There is a trend among single Christian women to end their singleness by any means necessary.  For so many Christian women, being married is the both the next and obvious step to their lives.

As a single Christian woman you life may look something like this:


  • Going to the single Christian ministry where it is 10 women to every one man. 

  • Going to Bible study, Church, prayer meetings, visiting other churches all in hopes of meeting a man. 

  • Going through a tedious beauty routine every time you go to church because you never know who you may meet. 

  • Greet every new male member in church in hopes that he may be the one. 


Being a victim of the “preying church man.”  The man that only comes to church to victimize unsuspecting church woman.

Does this sound like you?  How many times has being a single Christian woman taken precedent over any and everything in your life that you forget that God is in control?

How many times have you begged and prayed to God to make a man the one? Or to send a man now or you were going to swear off both church and men all together?

Well here is question you, if you trust God, and feel like He is is control, then why can’t you trust him with this area of your life?

Is being a single woman really the end of the world?

As someone who is 30, I guess I would be considered somewhat of an old maid?  I cannot tell you how many family members, church members, and friends ask me on a regular basis when or if I was going to get married?

I think they are more concerned with my singleness than I am.

Like many single Christian woman I used to be the Christian women that tried dating sites, dating in the church, trying to convert a non church going man into a Christian, trying to force someone to be it, and it all leading to frustration when it failed miserably.

Then I come to learn this lesson.  I cannot force or make anything happen.  I looked at a pattern in my life in which I tried to force relationships and I can openly say that all those relationships sucked, and I really could have gone without them.

The time comes where as a single woman, you ask are you going to put yourself through continual misery trying to find your own man, or are you going to let God find a man for you? (read my blog here in finding the one).

I have come to learn that God’s top priority is not curing your singleness.  So while you are begging for him to bring you a man. He is probably looking at you, thinking that there are so many others things in you life that you need to fix before that happens.

It is not that God does not care about your desire to be married, its just that He is more concerned with the salvation of your soul first.  He wants to make sure that you are in the right place with Him, so that when you get married you eyes never leave him.

You never want to idolize marriage or a man so much that it makes you forget that you are a Christian.  So many times both men and marriage becomes a God to some people, which I am sure makes God mad.  He does not want to be replaced.

This is the key point that many Christian woman are missing.  They are too busy chasing down a man to realize that it is taking them away from God.  If you trust God in all areas of you life, then trust him to bring you a husband too.  Having trust in God and taking a chill pill in your relationship is much better than obsessing about it.  Trust me I know.

If you want to find out how well I know.  I invite you to get my book to learn about all the relationships I was disappointed by and tried to force, before I decided to trust God.  You can read the first two chapters free on Amazon.



“Waiting For a Man After God’s Own Heart” Click below for more info.




0 comments: